Ondat is hiring a talented Product Reliability Engineer who has experience in Kubernetes, Golang, and distributed systems testing. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make real impact on the technology and processes of Ondat.
An exciting, early-stage and rapidly growing software company, who are dedicated to solving persistent storage for containers. Ondat is built to meet the needs of developers and infrastructure teams, who need production-ready storage they can use from day one.
Working for the Head of Product and Engineering, you are a hands-on Reliability or Testing Engineer who has experience in Kubernetes, Golang, and distributed systems testing. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make real impact on the technology and processes of Ondat.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform automated testing on the product using our custom frameworks and tooling
- Help manage and maintain the entire testing infrastructure, using a combination of stand-ard DevOps tooling (Terraform and Ansible) and in-house automation code
- Contribute to and help guide stress testing and chaos engineering
- Write code to automatically benchmark the product and provide automated analysis of the results
- Contribute to our release management process to shorten the development lifecycle and allow us to ship code to market faster
- Apply advanced OS and networking skills to test edge case scenarios
Your Competencies and Professional Knowledge:
Minimum requirements for the role
- Automated software testing
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g.ansible, saltstack, etc.)
- Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines
- Golang: Intermediate to expert
- Kubernetes operation: Intermediate to expert
Preferred experience, that will really make you shine
- Automated testing in a distributed systems environment
- Chaos engineering/stress testing
- Kubernetes administration
- Kubernetes development
- Knowledge of etcd/the Raft algorithm
- Use of time series databases such as Prometheus or InfluxDB
- Performance analysis
- ebpf and related kernel instrumentation
- Computer science degree or natural sciences
Ondat is a cloud-native, software-defined scale-out storage platform for running containerized applications in production, either on-premises or in the cloud. Platform agnostic, scalable and highly available, we think this is some of the most exciting tech around.
We are a small, agile, close-knit team of accomplished Developers, Engineers and industry experts who are fanatical about innovation. We have a relaxed and friendly culture with open-minded leadership, and a flexible approach to working hours and holidays. In response to the Coronavirus pandemic we are all working safely from home, and the interview process will be carried out remotely.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, email us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No new recruiters please.