Recent CNCF annual surveys continue to show that more and more companies are taking advantage of Kubernetes when it comes to DevOps for their mission-critical cloud-native applications. Gartner predicts that by the end of 2022, more than 75% of global organizations will be running containerized applications in production, a considerable jump from 30% in 2019. While Kubernetes brings many benefits for stateless applications, it presents a challenging environment for stateful applications, as Kubernetes isn’t generally well-suited for stateful applications. The top two concerns for Kubernetes IT professionals in running stateful applications are persistent storage and backup & restore.
To deliver resilient stateful applications, we have to make sure that persistent storage is available within the architecture and data sitting on persistent volumes is protected. To solve the persistent data and data protection challenges, Ondat is excited to announce a joint partnership with CloudCasa by Catalogic™.
What do Ondat and CloudCasa bring together?
Ondat is a cloud native storage solution that delivers persistent container storage for your stateful applications in production.
Fast, scalable, software-based block storage, Ondat delivers high availability, rapid application failover, replication, encryption of data in-transit & at-rest, data reduction with access controls and native Kubernetes integration.
CloudCasa is a cloud backup service built using Kubernetes for protecting Kubernetes applications and their data including cloud databases. It allows developers to backup multi-cluster Kubernetes applications and provide granular or cluster-level recovery and migration including cross-account, cross-cluster and cross-cloud recovery and migrations.
The combined solution stack from Ondat and CloudCasa gives customers a unified solution to run your stateful applications on Kubernetes without worrying about availability, performance, protection, and recovery of your data.
Some of the core benefits of Ondat and CloudCasa include:
- Dynamic Provisioning: Ondat provides dynamic volume provisioning to make the management of persistent storage easy.
- Simplified Backup and Recovery: You can be up and running backups on your cloud-native and kube-native workloads in under 10 minutes from first signing up. With CloudCasa, protecting and recovering containerized workloads couldn’t be any easier.
- Flexibility: Ondat and CloudCasa are platform independent and support any Kubernetes distribution and cloud platform giving the flexibility to run and backup applications anywhere- on-premise, hybrid, or cloud.
- Purpose-built for Kubernetes: Both Ondat and CloudCasa are built for Kubernetes and integrate natively with all flavours of Kubernetes, Kubernetes storage platforms like Ondat, and managed Kubernetes services such as Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). CloudCasa relies on CSI-compliant storage platforms like Ondat to take and manage snapshots in order to back up and restore Kubernetes Persistent Volumes (PVs).
- Transparent Pricing: Unlike other solutions, Ondat and CloudCasa pricing is not dependent on the number of clusters or worker nodes you are running. You only pay for your storage capacity and the data you are protecting.
The relevance of data protection and backup in the Kubernetes ecosystem are why we are so happy about our partnership with CloudCasa.
Ready to learn more?
Read our documentation to learn how to backup and restore with Ondat Snapshots and CloudCasa, or join us for a live webinar with CloudCasa on 21st September, as we look at how to deliver a data protection strategy for Kubernetes.