Ondat is hiring a talented Go (Golang) Senior Software Engineer who’ll be responsible for designing and implementing new product features, ensuring that our product remains reliable and easy to use.
An exciting, early-stage and rapidly growing software company, who are dedicated to solving persistent storage for containers. Ondat is built to meet the needs of developers and infrastructure teams, who need production-ready storage they can use from day one.
We have built our distributed control plane and Kubernetes integration with Go. Reporting to the Head of Engineering and Product, you’ll be responsible for designing and implementing new product features, ensuring that our product remains reliable and easy to use.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build new features
- Work with the other engineering teams to integrate these features into our product
- Integrate with our data plane and Kubernetes integration APIs
- Develop and test the completed system running standalone and in Kubernetes
- Research new tooling, libraries and ways to deliver better results as a team
Your Competencies and Professional Knowledge:
Requirements for the role
- Proven experience as a senior software engineer
- Extensive software development experience, with significant time spent working primarily with golang
- Write clean and well-tested code
- Desire and willingness to learn
- Great communication skills
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
Preferred development experience that will really make you shine
- Concurrent/parallel programming concepts
- Distributed systems, consensus protocols, strong vs eventual consistency
- Modern application architectures such as messaging, key-value stores, RESTful API design, security and microservices
- Use of OpenAPI
- Web development experience
- Use of Linux as a development environment
- Exposure to Kubernetes or any other Cloud-Native tools
- Familiarity with gRPC and protobuf
Ondat is a cloud-native, software-defined scale-out storage platform for running containerized applications in production, either on-premises or in the cloud. Platform agnostic, scalable and highly available, we think this is some of the most exciting tech around.
We are a small, agile, close-knit team of accomplished Developers, Engineers and industry experts who are fanatical about innovation. We have a relaxed and friendly culture with open-minded leadership, and a flexible approach to working hours and holidays. In response to the Coronavirus pandemic we are all working safely from home, and the interview process will be carried out remotely.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, email us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No new recruiters please.