If you make a list of the most groundbreaking technologies to emerge over the past decade, Kubernetes would certainly feature on top of it. Since its first release in 2016, Kubernetes has redefined how applications are managed and deployed and has become the de facto way for DevOps to schedule container workloads. It’s safe to say that developers everywhere are now building their applications using Kubernetes.
With the boom in the Kubernetes ecosystem, we always look for partners who can align with us and turbocharge the adoption of cloud-native and container-based technologies. In such a promising context, I am excited to announce a partnership between Ondat and Rafay Systems which will enable organizations to start their cloud native journey with confidence and agility.
Why Ondat and Rafay?
When enterprises are shifting their applications to Kubernetes, they are still worried about being stuck in a poorly integrated solution and not able to leverage the true benefits of cloud-native.
The Rafay Kubernetes Operations Platform is a turnkey offering that automates Kubernetes cluster management, modern stateful application deployment and operations at scale. Although Rafay delivers the automation developers and operations want with the right level of standardization, control and governance that platform teams need, the underlying storage has always been an issue to have a truly unified, unconstrained Kubernetes experience. When building stateful applications, productionising persistent storage and data security are a necessity.
The Ondat and Rafay solution stack gives a unified solution to provision global fleets of managed Kubernetes services clusters to deploy applications to multiple clusters while delivering an application-centric approach for productionised data services and persistence for containers.
In addition, Rafay and Ondat’s joint partnership with EKS via Blueprints provides a strong AWS based option for managing databases inside the K8 Cluster.
Some of the core benefits Ondat and Rafay bring together are:
- Availability: While Rafay eases the management of multi-cluster and multi-cloud deployments, Ondat ensures distribution of data across multiple failure domains with intelligent data replication to guarantee high availability.
- Performant: Ondat and Rafay empower businesses to accelerate business critical stateful applications deployment by delivering top performance with low latency data access for stateful applications.
- Flexibility: Rafay and Ondat are platform independent and support any CNCF certified Kubernetes distribution and cloud platform giving the flexibility to run and deploy applications anywhere- on-premise, hybrid or cloud.
- Edge: Running stateful workloads via a lightweight Rafay managed K8s distro, combined with Ondat’s real time capability for running databases at the edge.
- Security: Ondat and Rafay enable robust security features by providing zero trust controls and data encryption at rest and in transit ensuring that data is kept secure even in multi-tenant environments.
The benefits and relevance of what Rafay offers are why we are so proud and excited about our joint capabilities. “Ondat’s production ready data services for containers make them an ideal partner for Rafay. Leveraging Ondat and Rafay’s integrated solution empowers customers to run stateful applications on Kubernetes at scale, without worrying about multi-cluster-management, persistent storage, performance, and security’’, said Haseeb Budhani, CEO at Rafay Systems.
Ready to learn more?